Image Courtesy of Netflix
I’m constantly amazed at the number of enquiries that I receive from couples who “just want a price.” A number without knowing what you’re getting, or if your needs can be met, has absolutely no value. If you care enough about your wedding celebration, then you should at least speak with your potential DJ or MC.
Booking solely based on price, somewhat increases the possibility that your entertainer;
- is not able to deliver on your needs and wants due to inexperience,
- does the exact same thing at every wedding and no effort is made to uniquely personalise to each couple,
- is no longer in business (believe it or not, nearly every DJ or MC has received desperate calls because their entertainer just cancelled on them),
- just announces and has no knowledge as to the complete role of an MC or flow of a wedding,
- has no backup equipment or contingencies in place,
- never invests in themselves to improve their skills, and/or
- does not have insurance to cover you, the venue and themselves in the event of a mishap.
If your wedding is important to you that you wish to meet with a true wedding professional, someone who constantly undertakes training to deliver the best possible outcome, someone who genuinely cares about you and and your celebration, someone who is able to make many suggestions to create your vision, someone who can help make your wedding day an extraordinary experience for you and your guests, then you should make time to speak or meet with your DJ or MC.
If you “just want a price”, then there will be DJ or MC Entertainers that just won’t be the right fit for you. Here’s wishing you the best of luck for a truly beautiful wedding and hoping that you have a strong risk tolerance.
Your wedding day only happens once; make sure you hire a DJ or MC who gets it right!